HEAD of Transport Department International RETAIL
- Leading retail company TOP 3
- Must have experience within a high customer oriented culture company
About Our Client
Our client is a large TOP 3 retail company (non food ).
- Provides strategic direction to Supply Chain Management initiatives in Transportation policy
- Plans, coordinates and administers the operational, financial, administrative and technical aspects of supply chain management process regarding transportation and serves as a resource regarding policies and systems.
- Recommends changes in Transport policies as warranted by the changes in operational requirements and obtains the approval.
- Designs and implements work flow in line with the policies and financial limits.
- Plans negotiating strategy and acts as key negotiator for large contracts and ensures maximum benefit
- Evaluates performance of the department employees and recommends rewards.
- Monitoring and maintaining up to date the working procedures in transport department;
- Business processes audit and optimization;
- Transport Management System implementation and support;
- Implementation Lean practice in transport dept.;
- KPI reports creation and control;
- Quality service assessment of transport suppliers;
- Searching, categorization and nomination of transport suppliers (Intracity/Intercity FTL and PTL/LTL domestic);
- Tendering process between transport suppliers;
- Disputable issues regulation, claims processing;
- Doxflow control in terms of POD and invoicing.
- Transport contracts observance control;
- Claims processing and approval
The Successful Applicant
- 7+ years experience in a Transport management field (auto & railway), where 3 years in a senior position
- Must have experience within a 3 PL\ retail \FMCG
- Excellent communications and leadership skills